Next came the tears. Well there were no actual tears, but I was close to it. We attempted to tackle the baby registry. Who knew there were sooooooooooooooooo many choices for bottles, pacifiers, bibs, jumpers, etc. I spent most of the time at Babys R Us standing there trying not to hyperventilate. Needless to say, we didn't accomplish very much. We left feeling completely overwhelmed. Next, we went to Pottery Barn Kids to try and get inspired for the baby's room decor. We left the mall with a least a color scheme in mind (see below). Below are some color inspirations for her room. I think I'm going to go with a color theme instead of a character/animal theme.
On Sunday we went to church where baby Noakes tap danced the entire service on my bladder. It is a crazy feeling but cool. Then we tried Babys R Us again and we were successful! The registry is still a major work in progress but at least we got it started. For example I think I registered for 4 different pack and plays so I could go home and research customer opinions on the ones I liked. Instead of worrying about which bottle or pacificer was the best...I just chose. Who knows whether she will like it or not but I figure we will know pretty quickly once she is here.
If anyone has any advice on bottles, pacifiers, diapers, etc. I would love some experienced opinions. Honestly they all started to look the same and I just want whatever works.
We had a great time with my parents. I am somehow even more excited now then I was last week! I think this has all just become so real. Holding her clothes and knowing it is a girl has heightened my anticipation. I can't believe I have another 18 weeks to go!
21 weeks!
Color inspiration for the room. I'm thinking the light green for the walls and some type of basic pink and white bumper. Then I can have all sorts of different sheets
.One of my favorite dresses. It is so tiny!
Some of my favorite purchases. We had A LOT of fun looking at clothing.
I've been looking for baby girl clothes with polka dots for you, Meg, and I just realized that what I've been looking for...you already have! That navy dress with polka dots is SO you!
ReplyDeleteI talked to dad yesterday and asked what grandpa's reaction was when you told him you were having a girl, and he said "Oh, he's excited; he just thought she was going to have a boy!" haha! :) love you!
Mel